PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : medical studies in the states

hoffish
06.06.2007, 15:18
does anyknow anything about an american physikum available in germany? i heard one could do the physikum in order to transfer to the states and continue studying there. is it even possible to transfer to the states during the studies? is physikum here like pre-med in the states? i need help!

hypnotel
06.06.2007, 15:40
i need help!

that is obvious. do you know how to use an internet forum? if not, acquire this kind of knowledge first, then post.

Lyla
29.06.2007, 22:56
hey,
well it is kinda hard to transfer.. actually i am not really sure how this all works, but why don't you just call the so called "amerika haus." they are quite nice and always helpful.. i would totally give it a try.
Maybe it would be way easier just to finish your med school here and then to go to america! do you want to live there!? If so: you just need to pass two tests (or one) and i think that is quite good and definitely a shorter way.

good luck!

test
30.06.2007, 01:39
hey,
well it is kinda hard to transfer.. actually i am not really sure how this all works, but why don't you just call the so called "amerika house." they are quite nice and always helpful.. i would totally give it a try.
What i know thou is that you can transfer after your "physikum" and you can start at a med school, which would be like four or five years long! In the Us and canada is the way to become a doctor way longer than over here. first of all you have to go through an undergraduate programme(3years) and then (if your marks are good and you've reached a certain level of credits) you are allowed to attent a real med school (four to five years). So after your german physikum you can enter med school, i am sure! I think the physikum is like this pre-med thing!
well It is just a long way to go if you know what i mean. Maybe it would be way easier just to finish your med school here and then to go to america! do you want to live there!? If so: you just need to pass two tests (or one) and i think that is quite good and definitely a shorter way.
But as i said i am not sure.. just call the "amerika haus",k!? and then let me know too! :)

good luck!

B***S***

Lyla
30.06.2007, 02:25
It is possible for international students to study medicine in america, but the Faculty of Medicine has a limited number of spots available for students educated outside.one should know that no one can enter these programs directly from high school :( !! So Medicine requires students to have completed three to four years of university study before entering med schools. Someone with a university education from abroad needs to have completed the equivalent of a four-year bachelor's degree to be admitted. if one does his/her undergraduate studies in America, one may apply to medical school in one's third year of university studies.

all the best!

test
30.06.2007, 13:49
It is possible for international students to study medicine in america, but the Faculty of Medicine has a limited number of spots available for students educated outside.one should know that no one can enter these programs directly from high school :( !! So Medicine requires students to have completed three to four years of university study before entering med schools. Someone with a university education from abroad needs to have completed the equivalent of a four-year bachelor's degree to be admitted. if one does his/her undergraduate studies in America, one may apply to medical school in one's third year of university studies.

all the best!

If you are able to read german I would recommend this part of the "Medi-FOren":
http://www.medi-learn.de/medizinstudium/foren/forumdisplay.php?f=158

Having passed the Physikum is in general not equivalent to a Bachelor's degree. At least in general not for medical schools in the United States.