teaser bild
Ergebnis 1 bis 5 von 5
Forensuche

Aktive Benutzer in diesem Thema

Registrierter Benutzer
    So I'm a US citizen (married to a German citizen), and I'll be graduating from an osteopathic medical school in the United States a year from now. After graduation, I'd like to move back to Germany with my wife and complete my residency there while she finishes her studies. We plan on living and working in Germany then after that. Since I'm married to a German citizen (we were married in Germany, not the US, so all of that paperwork is done), working rights and a visa into the country shouldn't be an issue. I'm also currently learning German and hope to have my B2 certification shortly after moving here next summer and taking the same. Is there anything, based on the information given, that would prevent me from obtaining a residency spot in Germany? I don't want to specialize or do anything competitive, just internal or family medicine really. Ideally I'd like to be near Ravensburg where my wife will be studying. Before I leave the US, I'll have completed all three of my board exams successfully. Thanks for any help you all can provide! I've had horrible luck finding any kind of information on this... Seems most doctors want to leave Germany and do a residency in the US, but I'm doing it backwards haha.

Vorbereitung auf dein Physikum! - Kompaktkurs oder Intensivkurs - [Klick hier!]
    Diamanten Mitglied
    Have you already checked if your "osteopathic medical"-graduation will be equal to a german graduation?

Diamanten Mitglied Avatar von SuperSonic
    Apparently that won't be an issue: http://www.osteopathic.org/inside-aoa/development/international-osteopathic-medicine/Pages/international-practice-rights-map.aspx

However, you might want to contact the Regierungspräsidium Baden-Württemberg beforehand, which is in charge of the licence to practise medicine (Approbation) if you plan on working near Ravensburg: http://www.rp.baden-wuerttemberg.de/servlet/PB/menu/1351118/index.html

Registrierter Benutzer
    Thanks for the help! It's greatly appreciated! My wife and I looked into the Baden-Württemberg stuff, and it seems like it will mainly just be a lot of paperwork and translations, but not impossible.

Registrierter Benutzer
    Hi, I'm in a similar situation like you, but still got some time before I make the move to Germany. I was just wondering how you consolidated your Student loans? Mine will be in $350K range and I doubt I'll ever be able to pay it off with German salary. Did you utilize any loan forgivness programs etc? I would appreciate any feedback from anyone who has experience with this. Thanks
    -Matt

MEDI-LEARN bei Facebook