teaser bild
Ergebnis 1 bis 3 von 3
Forensuche

Aktive Benutzer in diesem Thema

Registrierter Benutzer
    Hey guys, I hope i am right here :P
    As the title already indicates I plan to study in England/Uk. More precisely medicine. I know it's hard to get there but I definitely want to give it a go. Alongside that i still have some questions open, but first of all something about me I am 17 years old and from Germany, but half-English ( my dad is English, that's why there is this connection to UK) and i visit the 11th graded in boarding school. Now, I've got an average of 2.2 on my reports , which i can sure raise to 1,9 the next year. But in Germany 1.9 is still not enough to get place for medicine. No my hope is England Now the problem is i have missed out to take chemistry and physics along and dropped those subjects. This might sound strange but the idea of studying medicine and becoming a doctor came up just last year when i did a social work-experience in hospital which i really enjoyed. Just the smile on the peoples face as "Thank you " made me feel better and happy. I don't why know but i really like to help people and i find myself often in the situation that i am the first one to offer help to strangers ( that does not mean my friends are unfriendly ;) Can i study medicine without having chemistry and physics counting for my Abitur ( A-Levels) . Just to let you know , i take biology as A-level. Now i am scared that the dream of studying medicine in England is over. Just recently i found something about such "foundation years". Can anyone tell me about them? Has anyone already got some experience? And most important , am i able to sign myself into such course with Abitur/A-Level ? I have chosen the universities Bristol, Manchester, Newcastle , Edinburgh or Dundee where I want to apply to and where i want to study. ( They offer such foundation years / pre-med ). I also heard that in England not only the grades in school are important , but also the attitude and character of the person. Until the time i get my abitur i will have completed 2 work-experiences in hospital and worked 2 years voluntarily as paramedic in my school ( alongside my normal school classes ) . Do you reckon i have got a chance of applying to either one of the universities ? Pleas help me answering those questions Have a nice evening lads, greets sandwich

Vorbereitung auf dein Physikum! - Kompaktkurs oder Intensivkurs - [Klick hier!]
    Diamanten Mitglied
    Semester:
    5. WBJ Psychiatrie
    In the UK, some universities offer 5-year medicine degrees, some offer 6-year medicine degrees, and some offer both. Entry requirements as far as A level subjects are concerned are pretty heterogeneous - some universities require biology and/or chemistry, others don't. You'd have to figure that out for each university individually at http://search.ucas.com (since applications for UK undergraduate degrees all go through UCAS).

However, the main problem is that the typical offer for medicine is AAA (or even higher at particularly prestigious universities) - so it's gonna be pretty tough with 1.9. I'd suspect that your best bet would be to apply to universities that take into account a standardized test in addition to A level results:

BMAT: http://www.admissionstestingservice....-bmat-2013.pdf

GAMSAT: http://gamsat.acer.edu.au/gamsat-uk/universities2

UKCAT: http://www.ukcat.ac.uk/who-takes-the...-universities/

So it won't be easy either. Why not take the TMS in Germany, or apply to a HAM-Nat university in Germany? Alternatively you could also write the Austrian MedAT-H since Austrian universities don't take into account Abitur results.

Registrierter Benutzer
    I am gonna try all this as well , my question doesn't mean i don't try to apply to German universities. It was just a generell question about this foundation years ? are the entry requirements for foundation years as high as for a 5-year medicine course ?
    i know it's gonna be tough and in Germany even harder , but i would really like to go to England so i would like to give it a chance :p If i know i can't go to England such things like Ham-Nat would be on me first to-do-list thanks by the way for the quick reply.

MEDI-LEARN bei Facebook