teaser bild
Ergebnis 1 bis 3 von 3
Forensuche

Aktive Benutzer in diesem Thema

Registrierter Benutzer
    Hello everyone! I'm a South Korean, currently studying medicine in Hungary. I will be 3rd year by this coming September. I'm curious if theres any hospitals in Germany or Austria that offers Summer Practice (Mostly likely Internal Medicine) in English? Im aware its very difficult to find one that does not speak German but i don't think its impossible. I've just finished learning A1 level German and would love to continue as well when i have a free time. My English is perfect since I lived in States for a long time. If you know any hospital or heard anyone have done that kindly share with me! Thank you in advance.

Platin Mitglied Avatar von Joolz
    Semester:
    almost done..
    There are some US Medical Clinics in Germany. There was a bigger one in Heidelberg but I noticed that they closed last year.
    I found a homepage, maybe it's useful for you.
    https://ermc.amedd.army.mil/MTF/index.html

Diamanten Mitglied
    Semester:
    Been there, done that... there was no T Shirt
    Anyonghasaeyo! This is a tough one... of course you´d be able to effectively communicate with staff and colleagues in english, but unfortunately german/ austrian (especially the Generation >+60 yrs.) patients don´t necessarily speak english well enough, that you´d be able to interact with them by speaking english only. If your primary motivation is to shadow a doctor in IM for a few weeks with no or very little own interaction with the patients, then a lack of profound german skills should not be an obstacle for you. But if your aspirations are a little higher (e.g. trying to take a history yourself), then it is mandatory to become fluent in german- at least at a very basic level.

Just out of curiosity: why not intern at one of the major hospitals in Korea (for e.g. Yonsei- Severance? Asan Medical Center)?

Best regards

MEDI-LEARN bei Facebook