PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : "Altersmedizin, Infektiologie, Klinische Chemie"

Seaangel
26.08.2007, 19:49
Altersmedizin
infektiologie
Klinische Chemie
Laboratoriumsdiagnostik
"Anerkennung nach § 43 Abs. 2 S. 8 ÄAppO"

Any ideas for translating those words? :-((

Thank you soooo much for your help!!

Hopeful, Sea

Ehemaliger User 20130505
26.08.2007, 20:01
Altersmedizin => Gerontology

Klinische Chemie => Clinical Chemistry

Infektiologie => Infectology

Laboratoriumsdiagnostik => medical laboratory diagnostics?

http://www.labor.ch/english/lpk-fr.html

Fino
26.08.2007, 23:17
Altersmedizin
infektiologie
Klinische Chemie
Laboratoriumsdiagnostik

Any ideas for translating those words? :-((

Thank you soooo much for your help!!

Hopeful, Sea

Altersmedizin > Geriatrics / Geriatric Medicine but you should use "Care of the Elderly" for UK

Infektiologie > Infectious Diseases

Fino
26.08.2007, 23:22

Recognition according to Section 43, paragraph 2, page 8 German Aerztliche Approbationsordnung ( Regulation of German Medical Licence)

Try to get around it this way

Seaangel
26.08.2007, 23:29
Recognition according to Section 43, paragraph 2, page 8 German Aerztliche Approbationsordnung ( Regulation of German Medical Licence)

Try to get around it this way

Great Idea! :-top

Thank you sooo much! [-::-]

Ehemaliger User 20130505
26.08.2007, 23:32
@Fino:

Why not infectology and gerontology? Pubmed finds 155 items for 'infectology' and 24881 items for 'gerontology'..

Fino
26.08.2007, 23:40
@Fino:

Why not infectology and gerontology? Pubmed finds 155 items for 'infectology' and 24881 items for 'gerontology'..

I'm not saying it's wrong but I try to guide Seaangel according to what we use here in our everyday work. Gerontology or Geriatrics are No-Nos in UK and you are well advised to use "Care of the Elderly" instead.

When it comes to infectiology I can -again- only point out that the only term I've come across in a number of hospitals and articles is "infectious diseases". However, if you mean "Mikrobiologie" then it would be simply "microbiology".
My understanding is that Seaangel wants the English equivalent for "(Klinische) Infektiologie" which would be "infectious diseases" or abridged "ID".

Ehemaliger User 20130505
26.08.2007, 23:45
And why not 'Clinical Chemistry'? I know books for Clinical Chemisty an there is (http://www.clinchem.org/) a Journal named 'Clinical Chemistry' from the 'American Association for Clinical Chemistry'. .

Seaangel
26.08.2007, 23:46
I'm not saying it's wrong but I try to guide Seaangel according to what we use here in our everyday work. Gerontology or Geriatrics are No-Nos in UK and you are well advised to use "Care of the Elderly" instead.

When it comes to infectiology I can -again- only point out that the only term I've come across in a number of hospitals and articles is "infectious diseases". However, if you mean "Mikrobiologie" then it would be simply "microbiology".
My understanding is that Seaangel wants the English equivalent for "(Klinische) Infektiologie" which would be "infectious diseases" or abridged "ID".

Actually, while I did electives in the US, everyone only spoke about ID (Infectious disease), but I didn't know, if that is the correct term for a written translation.
I didn't mean microbiology, thats been listed separately..

I really appreciate your efforts! :-party

Fino
26.08.2007, 23:49
And why not 'Clinical Chemistry'? I know books for Clinical Chemisty an there is (http://www.clinchem.org/) a Journal named 'Clinical Chemistry' from the 'American Association for Clinical Chemistry'. .

Again - it's what we use here, it does not mean "clinical chemistry" is wrong. I think it's up to Seaangel which ones he or she wants to use. He / she can can go by the name of a journal or by a person's advice who works as a doc in the UK...

Ehemaliger User 20130505
26.08.2007, 23:55
I'm sure YOU are right.

gossenschlampe76
27.08.2007, 12:10
Fino is right.

In the UK you would use:

Altersmedizin = Elderly Medicine or Care of the Elderly
infektiologie = Infectious Diseases
Klinische Chemie = Biochemistry (or Clinical Chemistry)
Laboratoriumsdiagnostik = doesn't exist in that way. Either Microbiology, Biochemistry or Haematology, depending on what you are doing.