PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Dear British Government....

hypnose-kroete.de
09.11.2008, 03:03
..."1984" was not supposed to be an instruction manual!!1!

Home Office officials have told senior figures from the internet and telecommunications industries that the "black box" technology could automatically retain and store raw data from the web before transferring it to a giant central database controlled by the Government. (The Independent) (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/government-black-boxes-will-collect-every-email-992268.html)

And we here are whining about VDS and Wolfgang Schäuble: Kindergarten.
But I am sure, our Innenminister gets some nice ideas from the island, hopefully he's not going to read that paper (http://security.homeoffice.gov.uk/news-publications/publication-search/general/science-innovation-strategy1?view=Binary) by the British Homeoffice.

:-kotz

Michael72
09.11.2008, 04:38
Hey, as long as everybody says "If you don't want a camera in your living room that's because you've got something to hide" and politicians sell us total control as "improved security" you will be amazed at what's coming around the block in a few years...

Tombow
09.11.2008, 10:06
"He who gives up freedom for safety deserves neither." - Benjamin Franklin

Hellequin
09.11.2008, 13:16
Its a little bit offtopic, but in many german i-forums there is an new signature spreading.

o
L_
OL

This is Schäuble. Copy Schäuble into your signature to help him on his way to Überwachungsstaat.

:-))

Hoppla-Daisy
09.11.2008, 13:18
Holy shit!!!!! :-)) :-)) :-)) *gasping for breath*

Hellequin, you made my day :-top

hypnose-kroete.de
09.11.2008, 13:50
o
L_
OL

You forgot the Notebook Schäuble is holding, browsing through the collected VDS-data:

o
L_/
OL

;-)

Hellequin
09.11.2008, 14:39
You forgot the Notebook Schäuble is holding, browsing through the collected VDS-data:

o
L_/
OL

;-)
Ok, my first thought was, that he got an hard one, while he was browsing through the collected VDS-data. :-blush :-))

Evil
09.11.2008, 16:07
Bah, that just keeps fooling the bloody idiots of the government interesting :-D

hypnose-kroete.de
09.11.2008, 18:32
But it's very well possible....

Tombow
09.11.2008, 18:38
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.

hypnose-kroete.de
09.11.2008, 19:14
Must be the climate on islands that makes people go crazy.

In Ireland the police does not only want to save traffic-data but also the submitted content:

The request for real-time web-browsing information - the content or the web address (URL) of every web page browsed by users of mobile handsets, palmtop devices or 3G modems - goes beyond the European Union's data retention directive, which the Government intends to implement as a statutory instrument.

It is understood the request for the web content is based on an appeal to telecommunications operators to act as "good citizens" and aid criminal investigations if asked to do so.

If blindly donig what the state asks you to means being a good citizen, then go f**k you all, good citizens. F.O.A.D.

I believe we will have British-Irish conditions here in a few years too.
Does anyone remember what Merkel said one day on the hustings talking about CCTV? "This are things which are not needed to talk about. This are things that just need to be done."
Very democratic, Mrs.Merkel, very German Democratic Republic....

I am gonig to update my VPN- and cryptographic software now as long as its still legal to use.
Having smth. to hide? Criminal?
Just thought-criminal, and thoughts are free.....yet.

-schnitzel-
10.11.2008, 15:33
Ok, my first thought was, that he got an hard one, while he was browsing through the collected VDS-data. :-blush :-))

Ok, thats f-ing disgusting....

Anyways, those things gotta be nipped in the bud! Otherwise there will be surveillance cameras all over the place like there are in London.
Disturbing prospects, actually!

Cheers, Lorenz

richards
27.12.2008, 16:30
I believe the main reason they have so many CCTV devices in the UK and Ireland is due to the fact that Britain is much more vulnerable to terrorism than Germany is. Germany still retains a fairly positive image in the Mid-East and most parts of the subcontinent.

The other reason I believe so much is invested into surveillance cameras in the UK and Ireland is for cost reasons. If you walk a German train station like Frankfurt - there are dozens of private security men in service. A camera is much cheaper to have than the thousands of private security personell operating in Germany.