PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : MCAT!!!

Kunstfehler
25.01.2009, 18:10
Hallo an alle!!!! Ich informier mich schon einige Zeit im Netz über das Medizinstudium in den USA. Jetzt bin ich auf eine Test gestoßen, den Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) den man auch in Deutschland machen kann.
Würd mich mal interessieren, ob jemand den Test schonmal gemacht hat und wie die Erfahrungen waren. Ich würd mich auch freuen, wenn hier jemand was schreiben könnte, der sein Medizinstudium in den Usa absolviert hat, bzw. einen Teil oder ein Auslandsemester. Vor allem wie er oder sie dran gekommen ist.

Falls ich Interesse bei jemandem für den Test geweckt haben sollte, hier der Link wo ihr die Infos findet: http://www.aamc.org/students/mcat/start.htm

John Silver
25.01.2009, 18:52
www.studentdoctor.net

Kunstfehler
25.01.2009, 19:45
Hast du den Test gemacht? Wenn ja erzähl mal was zum Test!

John Silver
25.01.2009, 21:47
Nein habe ich nicht. Nur USMLE. Aber in dem Forum, welches ich verlinkt habe, gibt es einen Unterbereich für MCAT, und massenweise Informationen.

Frebling
03.07.2009, 17:07
Yea. I did the MCAT and it is hard as hell. No Joke. The verbal is hard. I am German, never went to a german Uni. Getting into a US med school is really hard. It is up to you. Thinking back it was worth, but I got really lucky. I applied to 36 schools, got 1 interview and got in. Again, I worked really hard and did a BS in Chem + Bio and had a BA in Marketing. If you do not have a BS from a US school no chance.
On the MCAT you need a 32-34. That is not easy. I worked my ass of for four years. The year before MCAT I averaged 14 hours of studies every day. Even X-mass and new year. No week end. Almost went crazy. Then the year I applied, I was really down and thought I would not get in. People in the US dont fuck around and getting into a med school for non-US student is a slim chance. You need to be smart, work hard and have a shit ton of luck.

Muriel
03.07.2009, 19:28
I am German
Dann sei doch einfach so gut, wenn Du schon aus welchem unerfindlichen Grund auch immer Threadleichen ausgräbst, einfach Deine Muttersprache zu benutzen in diesem Forum, denn dieses ist, oh Wunder, ein deutsches Forum, dessen Teilnehmer zwar mitunter gewöhnungsbedürftige, dennoch meist ausreichende Deutschkenntnisse in Wort und Schrift besitzen :-angel

LasseReinböng
03.07.2009, 21:33
Yea. I did the MCAT and it is hard as hell. No Joke. The verbal is hard. I am German, never went to a german Uni. Getting into a US med school is really hard. It is up to you. Thinking back it was worth, but I got really lucky. I applied to 36 schools, got 1 interview and got in. Again, I worked really hard and did a BS in Chem + Bio and had a BA in Marketing. If you do not have a BS from a US school no chance.
On the MCAT you need a 32-34. That is not easy. I worked my ass of for four years. The year before MCAT I averaged 14 hours of studies every day. Even X-mass and new year. No week end. Almost went crazy. Then the year I applied, I was really down and thought I would not get in. People in the US dont fuck around and getting into a med school for non-US student is a slim chance. You need to be smart, work hard and have a shit ton of luck.

Yo, yo, yo, what's up, dude ? Lasse is in da house...:-party :-wow

Frebling
03.07.2009, 22:40
Dann sei doch einfach so gut, wenn Du schon aus welchem unerfindlichen Grund auch immer Threadleichen ausgräbst, einfach Deine Muttersprache zu benutzen in diesem Forum, denn dieses ist, oh Wunder, ein deutsches Forum, dessen Teilnehmer zwar mitunter gewöhnungsbedürftige, dennoch meist ausreichende Deutschkenntnisse in Wort und Schrift besitzen :-angel

Yes, I am German, but I have lived in the states for the past 8 years hand have not writen anything in german since then. I also went to an international school which did not help. If I would start typing in german I would not make sense and look like an ass. WOuld love to write more, but thats all the time I have for you. Sorry, I have to get back to my life. U should get one too.

LasseReinböng
04.07.2009, 13:02
If I would start typing in german I would not make sense and look like an ass.

Just in case you haven't realized it yet, you have already accomplished both. Now what is the reason for you acting like a preschooler...did you run out of KoolAid or did they ban you on SDN ? :-))

littlewood
05.07.2009, 19:29
Yes, I am German, but I have lived in the states for the past 8 years hand have not writen anything in german since then. I also went to an international school which did not help. If I would start typing in german I would not make sense and look like an ass. WOuld love to write more, but thats all the time I have for you. Sorry, I have to get back to my life. U should get one too.

Na und? Ich lebe schon seit mehr als 8 Jahren in den USA, mein Deutsch ist sicher nicht mehr perfekt, aber deswegen kann ich immer noch auf Deutsch posten. Und wenn ich mir dein Englisch ansehe überrascht es mich überhaupt nicht, dass du derart Mühe mit dem MCAT und deiner Bewerbung hattest. 1 Interview bei 36 Bewerbungen ist höchstwahrscheinlich auf dein personal statement oder letters of recommendation zurückzuführen, bei der Schreibweise wenig überraschend.

Aber du als MSII bist ja ein toller Hengst und hast wichtigeres zu tun :-keks

Frebling
05.07.2009, 22:37
Na und? Ich lebe schon seit mehr als 8 Jahren in den USA, mein Deutsch ist sicher nicht mehr perfekt, aber deswegen kann ich immer noch auf Deutsch posten. Und wenn ich mir dein Englisch ansehe überrascht es mich überhaupt nicht, dass du derart Mühe mit dem MCAT und deiner Bewerbung hattest. 1 Interview bei 36 Bewerbungen ist höchstwahrscheinlich auf dein personal statement oder letters of recommendation zurückzuführen, bei der Schreibweise wenig überraschend.

Aber du als MSII bist ja ein toller Hengst und hast wichtigeres zu tun :-keks

In no way or form did I state that I am so fucking great. Actually I did quite the opposite. I stated that it was hard and I said I only got one interview. But your verbal reasoning shows me that you cant comprehend what you read. I had a committee letter and maybe you wrote yours yourself, I did not. So that could not have draged me down. Maybe youd did not check your personal statement, I did. Several times. Maybe I only got one interview because I am not from the US. Or maybe your name is littelwood because that is what the girls call you. You are such a PIMP. You need to make some friends because you make way too many posts. No it is cool. That is what you do in your free time. You tell people US med school.. real easy.. thinking you are some kind of big shoot. Maybe the wording I used to talk about my path into a US school was not the one you would use in a lab report, but that does not give you a reason to start throwing punches.

Only 1% of non US premeds get into a US med school. That is that. You are one of them, that is great. Good thing that I am not going into Family prac. or else I would stand a real chance of meeting you. Thats it Folks time to leave the kiddy pool.

littlewood
05.07.2009, 22:59
Good thing that I am not going into Family prac. or else I would stand a real chance of meeting you.

Da wird es für dich aber ein böses Erwachen geben wenn du deinen Step score erhälst. Viel Spass dann.

Muriel
06.07.2009, 09:10
Persönliche Anfeindungen können gerne per PN ausgetragen werden. Aber sollte hier weiter Beleidigendes auftauchen genauso wie jegliche Diskussionen darüber, was denn jetzt beleidigend gewesen sein solle, kommt hier sehr schnell ein Schloss dran.

Muriel - Moderatorin ML-Foren