PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Neurology...Need help

illuinate
31.10.2009, 16:32
Good evening

I am planing to get my clinical training in Germany, I graduated in 2006 , worked in neurology department for two years and I am welling to finish my specialty training in neurology in Germany.
I have to learn the language first indeed and I applied already in Goethe institute.
I need to know about the system, how is it in here, and what steps should I take first.
I'll appreciate any help.
Note: I am not seeking a real paid job , I got my financial support covered.
Thanks

illuinate
01.11.2009, 19:58
Hi, again

I really need those information, and deeply wish to find some help here.

Well ..

I'll add some more details , may be my request was not clear enough and may be I couldn't express it the right way.

I got a full scholarship from my government of Libya, I was graduated from the medical school at 2006 and I got the chance to fulfill my dream of being a neurologist after few years , and to go back to my country and participate in the ongoing process of improving the health sector, being a member of the teaching staff is a central part of my plan, so I am welling to do both,start my clinical training as well as applying for an academic degree.

I need very much any enlightenment here, I don't know about the system here, how could I apply for a place in neurology department for clinical training, and how to plane for the academic degree at the same time, is that possible,I think I must have my training at a university hospital in order to do that, well, I was told by one of the consultants at the center where I work, who was in Germany years ago, he told me that neurology training system was made of 4 years,2 general neurology and 2 for the sub specialty, plus the psychiatry rotation which takes one whole year, is that system still the same..
Is there any exams I have to be prepared for

I know it looks silly, but I just don't know and I am very serious about it.

I will appreciate very much any help.

Note, Munich is a very strong possibility as a place to stay and settle, will you please consider that if you want to help me.

Thanks a lot

Coxy-Baby
01.11.2009, 20:59
2 little questions: How good/bad ist your German??? Can you say anything in German,
and especially medical german??
When do you want to come to Germany????

illuinate
01.11.2009, 22:44
Thanks for the fast response Sir

I took the A1.1at Goethe institute at my country. Tripoli, I am not fully satisfied about it,actually I was not satisfied at all,and that's why I took a decision to improve my language with my own as long as I still in Libya, as I said I am funded by the government and the scholarship includes the 9 months at Goethe in Germany, Nine months I think will be very good start to establish a real career based solely on pure German language, every body says that the language is the hardest obstacle, for me I know that I'll kill my self to master it in those nine months, that's why I am focusing mainly on what is coming after that, the real purpose of my travel I mean.

I am planning to be at Germany by the next year, to get my first course in Goethe at 7th of January.

Right now, I keep watching the DW tv and taking the lessons on the web site, I know it is very modest but that is what I am able to do at the time being and i am very enthusiastic about it.

Thanks again..

illuinate
03.11.2009, 16:03
No help yet!!!

still waiting.... never lost hope...

could you please consider the fact that I'll find any minute information valuable.

Cheers

Illuminate

lala
03.11.2009, 17:14
I think I must have my training at a university hospital in order to do that, well, I was told by one of the consultants at the center where I work, who was in Germany years ago, he told me that neurology training system was made of 4 years,2 general neurology and 2 for the sub specialty, plus the psychiatry rotation which takes one whole year, is that system still the same..
Is there any exams I have to be prepared for

Hi,
look here:
http://www.aerztekammer-bw.de/30/10/wbo2009.pdf

1) 4 years neurology (no sub speciality) and 1 year psychiatry....#
2) no exams in this time, after all 5 years you can take the "Facharztprüfung"...(oral exam)
3) you can work in any neurology (no university hospital needed) if there`s someone with the "Weiterbildungsberechtigung"...

all questions are better asked to the "Ärztekammer" - there you can get special answers in your individual case...

lala (sorry for my grottenschlechtes english :-D)

Linda.1001
03.11.2009, 17:29
I took the A1.1at Goethe institute at my country.

Hi there in Lybia, :-)

I am not quite sure about that subject, but you might need to continue your studies in german language till A2.

That was actually required from the german embassy in Jordan. So referring to your visa you have to get sure about all the requirements needed specially in language.

Good luck.

Linda

illuinate
03.11.2009, 21:00
Hi,
look here:
http://www.aerztekammer-bw.de/30/10/wbo2009.pdf

1) 4 years neurology (no sub speciality) and 1 year psychiatry....#
2) no exams in this time, after all 5 years you can take the "Facharztprüfung"...(oral exam)
3) you can work in any neurology (no university hospital needed) if there`s someone with the "Weiterbildungsberechtigung"...

all questions are better asked to the "Ärztekammer" - there you can get special answers in your individual case...

lala (sorry for my grottenschlechtes english :-D)

Hi dear Lala

I am very grateful you provided me with this guidance, I'll check the website and hope to fined the information I required.

Your grotten schlechtes English is just proved very useful :-top

Thanks alot

illuinate
03.11.2009, 21:16
Hi there in Lybia, :-)

I am not quite sure about that subject, but you might need to continue your studies in german language till A2.

That was actually required from the german embassy in Jordan. So referring to your visa you have to get sure about all the requirements needed specially in language.

Good luck.

Linda

Hi dear Linda, cheers from the sunny Libya :-D

For a scholarship holder like my self it is not required to get the A2 in order to get your Visa, I actually got my Visa already, there is kind of agreement between our governments to provide some Docs that my embassy there will cover the fees for my German language courses, as I said the course I got here was very disappointing, very helpful though as he opened the gate to the German language, but yet didn't encourage me to get some more higher levels.

Thank you Linda for your response , more details are very welcomed..

CharlotteOx
08.11.2009, 14:12
I am afraid I can't really say anything about specialty training in germany (or anywhere else for that matter). I do know however that 9 month in Germany should be enough to reach a good level of fluency. Have sen it many times with british friends who came to on of the Goethe Institutes after they graduated from their undergrad degree. They had, at most, a very rudementary knowledge of german and all came out with a degree of fluency that allowed them to work for a regular german company. I'm sure the same is true for medical german.

illuinate
08.11.2009, 19:39
I am afraid I can't really say anything about specialty training in germany (or anywhere else for that matter). I do know however that 9 month in Germany should be enough to reach a good level of fluency. Have sen it many times with british friends who came to on of the Goethe Institutes after they graduated from their undergrad degree. They had, at most, a very rudimentary knowledge of German and all came out with a degree of fluency that allowed them to work for a regular German company. I'm sure the same is true for medical German.

Thank you very much for your nice encouraging words

I actually had my brother got the level allowed him to be accepted at the college in 6 months, he was very good at language courses and it required a recommendation from Goethe to get the acceptance at the college but he did it and as he said he found no problems coping with pure German lecturers.

That is why I am saying I focus much more on understanding the architecture of your system, and as I said earlier , any minute information will be helpful cause what you could say from your experience will never be wrote in any official website, where I must search for my information as I was advised earlier here

Thank you very much for your support..

FirebirdUSA
09.12.2009, 16:52
Well, I cannot say anything about Neurology in special, but I can tell you a bit of what I have heard from our foreign doctors in neurosurgery.

First, there are two possible ways:
You can either stay here as a "Gastarzt". In this case you are NOT permitted to do actual work on the patients, as you are not considered a medical doctor in Germany.

The second solution is to get a "Berufserlaubnis", this is some kind of permit you will get from the "Regierungspräsdium" in most cases. With this permit they allow you to work as a medical doctor in Germany, usually for a couple of years.

So, you should probably contact one of the "Regierungspräsidien" (or any other government organisation that is resposible for the "Approbation" in the region in Germany you want to work in, you can find the full list here: http://www.bundesaerztekammer.de/page.asp?his=1.101.172) and ask what you have to hand in to get a "Berufserlaubnis".

I hope this was of some help to you.