PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Ausländerquote information!

freebee
18.02.2010, 21:32
Hi everyone,

could someone please give me some information about the 'Ausländerquote' in this forum. I actually wanted to know what the chances are for a Non-EU-foreigner to get selected. Does the fact that I have a masters degree and a job as a medical personell increase my chances of being selected?

I am feeling kind of awkward now asking this for the third time.

Unfortunately, it seems that no one here is able to help.:-nix

Some useful links would also help.

regards,

Rita

Inelein
19.02.2010, 11:25
Are you refering to the selection process for medical school thru the ZVS? The problem is, obviously, that no German, being either a citizen or a permament resident, has to think about anything like "Ausländerquote" so it isn't a surprise no one on here has enough clue to help you.
My suggestion is, just call the ZVS ( 0049 180 3 987111 021) and ask them for yourself, it is more likely you will find the information you need there than here, I'm afraid... anyway good luck! :)

Coxy-Baby
19.02.2010, 15:39
Deleted, because i HATE DoubleFreds..

wildcoyote
19.02.2010, 19:06
Hi everyone,

could someone please give me some information about the 'Ausländerquote' in this forum. I actually wanted to know what the chances are for a Non-EU-foreigner to get selected. Does the fact that I have a masters degree and a job as a medical personell increase my chances of being selected?

I am feeling kind of awkward now asking this for the third time.

Unfortunately, it seems that no one here is able to help.:-nix

Some useful links would also help.

regards,

Rita

No need to be offensive. What do you want to know, its not really obvious from all those letters above...

Coxy-Baby
19.02.2010, 19:58
Der Frederöffner hat hier http://www.medi-learn.de/medizinstudium/foren/showthread.php?t=56565 schon das gleiche Thema aufgemacht, kann also Deutsch.

freebee
19.02.2010, 20:54
@Inelein: Thanks for the phone number. Just like "Coxy-Baby" has written, I did ask practically the same question in german twice before in two different threads. But at that time nobody had answered. So, I hoped to find some foreigners like me here since this is an english thread. Anyway, someone has answered in one of the other threads and has helped me a lot.

@ Coxy-Baby: Danke für den ZVS-Online Link.

@ wildcoyote: I just went through everything I've written but really did'nt find anything that should have offended anybody. Still, I sincerely apologize if it has.

Thanks again for the infos,

Rita

wildcoyote
19.02.2010, 22:41
Unfortunately, it seems that no one here is able to help.

Im refering to this sentence - we are able to help, in the case of a correct question ;-)

anyway, good luck with anything youve gonna do :-winky

Int'l Student
26.02.2010, 12:04
As a nicht-EU Auslaender, I had a similar question as you had, and can give you some information.

Nicht EU Auslaender apply to the university directly - not through ZVS. Each university has different Auslaender Quota. For instance, Charite has 24 spots per semester reserved for nicht-EU Auslaender, although they told me that they will reduce the number considerably starting next semester.

Similarly, each university will select the students with their own criteria. I know that Hamburg has point system (if you can proof good German ## points, if you have visited Studienkolleague, ## points etc.) Charite select students purely with their Abinotes (they don't even ask for Lebenslauf, so professional experience, publication etc don't count at all).

In sum, you have to contact individual universities directly and ask for their quota, selection criteria etc. I have simply called relevant offices, and they will normally give you answers to these questions you had.

leofgyth77
27.02.2010, 08:51
hey,
the university of erlangen-nürnberg always has a lot students without eu-citizenship.