PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Famulaturen

medulla85
02.05.2010, 13:57
Hallo to everybody, I'm an italian student and this summer I would like to do a Famulaturen in Germany. Can you suggest me some not-university clinic where i can improve myself? If possible, i would like to stay in a neurology ward in the South of Germany.
Thank you a lot.

Coxy-Baby
02.05.2010, 15:43
How good are your german skills? can you write and talk in german?

Greetz

medulla85
02.05.2010, 17:24
i'm going to take the B2 examination this summer. i think it's a rather good level.

Fino
03.05.2010, 09:58
You need to be aware that you'll need a decent command of German if you are going to do a clinical attachment in neurology. The doctors might be able to communicate with you in English but the patients will be a completely different kettle of fish. Don't be fooled by the widespread (mis)conception that all Germans speak good English - they don't!

I cannot judge what B2 level means but you should be able to take a history in German and follow discussions among doctors in German if you want a meaningful attachment.

Maybe you could practice a bit by posting in German in this forum - that would also give you a rough idea where you stand with your German.

Good luck!

medulla85
09.05.2010, 16:18
Thank you for your advice. I think I should know German better before going to do a Famulaturen :-lesen

Bis bald!
:-party

pottmed
09.05.2010, 17:38
I think that B2 is not the right level to do some internships in Germany.

If I look to my french language skills which are comparable to B2, they would not be good enough for surviving an internship in France :-))

Fino
17.05.2010, 16:23
I think that B2 is not the right level to do some internships in Germany.

If I look to my french language skills which are comparable to B2, they would not be good enough for surviving an internship in France :-))

Surviving? Surely you can eat French without speaking French! ;-)