PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : USMLE2

BlondBondGirl
19.07.2010, 12:46
Anyone else out there studying for the USMLE2? I did a forum search, but most of the threads were older. I am attempting to study for both the HEX and the USMLE 2, synergy right? Hahahahaha :-((
CPR for the soul?

Bl!nk
19.07.2010, 18:08
Yeah, right here! Got 3 weeks left and UWorld is driving me crazy with all those weirdo questions on opportunistic infections in AIDS patients and strange neurologic syndromes...
I'll take the HEX next year though. Do you use German or English books? Or both?

BlondBondGirl
20.07.2010, 14:13
Nice!
Well I'm taking the HEX in the fall, so I mostly study in German and then do UW questions in English at night... I had read FA during my last tertial and I plan on taking a week off just to study in English at the end (I haven't made my appointment yet).
I am so frustrated! The questions are so different! I get like 35-60%, which is really demovitating...
have you taken any NMBEs? How are you studying?
:-lesen

Bl!nk
20.07.2010, 21:04
I used mostly Uworld and Crush Step 2 (and annotated it with stuff from Uworld...otherwise that book is almost worthless). I've completed 100% of Uworld and I am now going through my marked/wrong questions.
Don't worry about the low percentages, especially in the beginning ;-) As long as you learn something from each question, you will get better towards the end I think. At least that's the way I ended up in the low 70s during my last blocks.
I don't plan on taking any NBME's...I took one for step 1 but didn't think it was worth that much money so I'll skip those this time :-)

GOMER
21.07.2010, 09:37
Trying to take it during the 2nd Tertial (PJ starts Aug. 23rd). So far I went through Crush Step 2 once. I'm aiming for a score above 240, have to improve after 95 on Step 1...

BlondBondGirl: You're an US citizen, right? What are your plans for the future? Where did you rotate?

BlondBondGirl
21.07.2010, 13:22
@Blink- I took an NMBE at the beginning and wanted to take one before scheduling to see how much time I need and chart my progress... it's good to hear that % can get better ;)

@GOMER- yes, I'm American. I plan on staying in Germany for residency- just want to pass USMLE 2. I've done rotations all over, I'll probably head for NYC or the DC area if/when we ever move back to the States. What are your plans?

Good luck guys! and keep me posted on your progress!

Kyutrexx
24.07.2010, 20:08
If I may ask: why do you do this?
Are you planning to remain in the United States?

Bl!nk
09.08.2010, 17:43
I'm done...yeeey :)
Now waiting for my score to be released...I hate those three weeks ;)
But it's definitely doable! Thought it was not as crazy as step I, there were a lot of easy ones compared to Uworld. But prepare for reading a lot of long questions and filtering the important stuff from all the crap, I thought that was really anoying especially during the last two hours when I got tired...
Anyways, good luck to you guys!

GOMER
10.08.2010, 18:01
Lucky you, I wish I were already at that point...

BlondBondGirl
12.08.2010, 13:17
Lucky guy!
Man, I wish I were done too... Is it really easier than Step I? I'm so frustrated because my UW scores are only getting a little better... :-oopss

Anyway, congrats!

BlondBondGirl
22.09.2010, 16:03
@Blink: Any news yet??
I still haven't gotten my scheduling permit- seems to be a busy time of year at ECFMG...
I will take it after the HEX then, even if I get the scheduling permit this week.

@Gomer- how's the studying going? when are you taking it again?

GOMER
22.09.2010, 20:59
Went through "Crush Step 2" once before the PJ started, going to do USMLEWorld as soon as I'm back in Germany (Mid-Oct.).
I'm planing on taking it in early February.

Bl!nk
23.09.2010, 22:24
Sorry haven't been here for a while...
I still do not have my score back, which sucks since I moved my original exam date to an earlier one to avoid the score delay they announced for this summer :-( I hate the waiting, but I guess I'll get my score on October 6th then.

I thought step II was not easier then step I. It's just different because of the length of the question stems combined with the limited time tests more of your stamina and quick assessment skills. The questions itself are most of the time pretty doable, or at least you can narrow it down to 2-3 answers and then have a guess...

Good luck to both of you ;)

BlondBondGirl
21.10.2010, 11:58
Hey Blink- any news? How long did you end up waiting for your score?
I took it last monday, what a long day! I swear there were some UW questions, some crazy ones too- a real mix. I'm just so glad it's over and I really really hope I passed!
@Gomer- UW all the way! I should have finished it and redone all the questions I got wrong, but I didn't have time...
I'll update when I get my score!

Bl!nk
21.10.2010, 19:43
hey hey!
called the ecfmg last week and it turns out they are waiting for a confirmation by my medical school before releasing my score since september 1...stupid. Anyways, got my score this week and I guess it was my lucky day that day...Beat my step 1, which was not too bad, so I am very happy :-)
Wish you good luck with you're score aswell!

BlondBondGirl
10.11.2010, 17:41
My score report came today! They had said it could take up to 8 weeks- which would have been Christmas- but it really came on the 4th wednesday!

I passed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-dance

Not only that- I improved my Step 1 score by 40 points!! wohoo!!

Now I just have to get through this German exam...

:-party

Bl!nk
18.11.2010, 01:58
Congrats! 40 Points up is an awesome result :)
Good luck with the Stex aswell...shouldn't be a problem now to pass that one too I think.