PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Help for payslip/job contract

JDS
04.08.2010, 02:26
hi i am sorry to write here in English as my German is very bad . my wife just got job offer as assistant Dr/Assistenzarzt in internal medicine but she cant make nothing out of her pay slip or pay agreement in contract . so if some body can tell us here how much she will take home in the end the of month. what r do's and don'ts of this contract. she is married with me no kids and we both r Drs she knows German i am starting to learn it.
in the first pic they are describing yearly salary i think but we don't get how much is her salary after tax every month/every year
http://picasaweb.google.com/109871848917323660037/Payslip#5501354816208436786
now is the second pic they r saying this will be salary during first 3 months tiil the time we sing the full permanent contract.
http://picasaweb.google.com/109871848917323660037/Payslip#5501354819090217458

so please if somebody can explain what the all things are about and how much money she will be making in worst or best-case scenario. if it is less then what we r making now its no meaning to take the job
thx in advance comments in
English or German well appreciated

FirebirdUSA
04.08.2010, 06:02
Well, I hardly can read the second image as it is pretty small. I was wondering what kind of clinic she wants to work at, because usually you get full salary when you start to work and not only after three months.

As I can only read the first image I can only approximate what you will get after three months:

Her "Bruttolohn" is 3106,22 + 284,00 = 3390,22 Euro. You still have to pay taxes and insurance (Rentenversicherung or Versorgungswerk) and you can estimate that you will have about 50% of that money on your bank account each month, so about 1700 Euro.

In December she will get an additional 3480 Euro. So if we consider this her monthly salery is 3680 Euro, which is okay but still lower than what you will get at a "kommunales Krankenhaus" that has TVÄ (first year 3735 Euro, second year 3947 Euro, ...).

What will she earn in her second and third year?

Nautila
04.08.2010, 11:30
The second pic only shows the sum she will earn in 2010 - so it'll be 9318 Euros for the three months October, November and December.
Divided by three (so per month ;)) you still come up with 3106 Euros/brutto.

The first pic by the way shows that her basic salary will be 3106 Euros, there's a general bonus of 284 Euros each month.
Further the contract says that your wife will be on duty (after about 5-6 months of working there), and the additional consideration will be approximately 1100 Euros.

Which tax class have you got? If you both work you might choose tax class 4, if only she works you might be better of her taking tax class 3 and 5 for you.
Online there are "Brutto-Netto-Calculators", probably not in english I guess, where you can evaluate the monthly net sum in relation to your tax and also (health-) insurance situation.

I just wonder why your wife didn't explain it to you when she knows how to speak and read german? These slips explain themselves actually. ;)

To see how her gross salary will develop in the next few years you can check the wage agreements of (for example) the Marburger Bund.

Edit: @ Firebird: Rechts is ne Lupe. ^^

JDS
04.08.2010, 20:26
Thx everybody for ur answers .
since my wife and me we r planing to move form uk to Germany .we work as RMO and in uk and to get PG in uk is very hard. so we wanted to understand how much will be her salary after all the taxes since as we don't know the tax rule in Germany which seems to be little bit more complicated then uk and also much higher taxes. one more thing if u calculate ur tax do u deduct ur tax free income form u gross yearly income and then u calculate ur taxable income or ur just count all ur income as taxable income.. at moment she will start the job/pg and i will start the course in German language since to start the file for licensing i think i need B2Certificate.may be i will join some internship and i dont think it will paid but will give me good experience.so what do u think which category of taxation she should put herself for now.

FirebirdUSA
05.08.2010, 09:38
@nautila: Danke :)

The German tax system works as follows: From your monthly salery your income tax is automatically deducted, depending on your tax class (see Nautila's reply). Now, your taxable income might actually be smaller as you might have tax free expenses (driving to and from work e.g., buying books you need for work, etc.), so to get this money back you have to fill a "Steuererklärung", so save any record of stuff you buy for at least one year. This "Steuererklärung" is pretty complicated so you might want to buy some software that helps you next year. For the tax class... if you don't earn any money she should chose 3 and you 5 for this year.