PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : EMS Acronyms

E. coli
14.04.2003, 16:39
EMS Acronyms

To: All EMS Personnel From: Chief of Operations Subject: Proper Narrative Descriptions

It has come to our attention from several emergency rooms that many EMS narratives have taken a decidedly creative direction lately. Effective immediately, all members are to refrain from using slang and abbreviations to describe patients, such as the following:

1) Cardiac patients should not be referred to as suffering from MUH (messed up heart), PBS (pretty bad shape), PCL (pre-code looking) or HIBGIA (had it before, got it again).

2) Stroke patients are NOT "Charlie Carrots."

Nor are rescuers to use CCFCCP(Coo Coo for Cocoa Puffs) to describe their mental state.

3) Trauma patients are not CATS (cut all to sh*t), FDGB (fall down, go boom), TBC (total body crunch) or "hamburger helper."

Similarly, descriptions of a car crash do not have to include phrases like "negative vehicle to vehicle interface" or "terminal deceleration syndrome."

4) HAZMAT teams are highly trained professionals, not "glow worms."

5) Persons with altered mental states as a result of drug use are not considered "pharmaceutically gifted."

6) Gunshot wounds to the head are not trans-occipital implants."

7) The homeless are not "urban outdoors men," nor is endotracheal intubation referred to as a "PVC Challenge."

8) And finally, do not refer to recently deceased persons as being "paws up," ART (assuming room temperature), CC (Cancel Christmas), CTD (circling the drain), DRT (dead right there).

I know you will all join me in respecting the cultural diversity of our patients to include their medical orientations in creating proper narratives and log entries.

(Mehr davon gibts auf dieser Seite (http://ebrs.org/acronyms.htm).)

DerBlinde
14.04.2003, 17:35
All I have to say about this:
FUBAR BUNDY !! :D
F u c ked up beyond any recognition, but unfortunately not dead, yet! ;) (best classification for chest X-rays ;))

RS-USER-Schädelspalter
14.04.2003, 21:31
Nach einer Prämedikationsvisite vermerkte der Anästhesist:
LAD im GAZ mit AFSA.
Liebe Alte Dame im Guten AllgemeinZustand kennen wir aus House of God, aber "Angst Fressen Seele Auf" war mir neu (die Dame war halt sehr nervös). :)