PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Can u give me a hand

mmoon
20.10.2012, 12:58
Hello
I am a high school student from Kuwait but my nationality is Syrian(not Eu-country).I have some questions about the studying medicine in Germany.
1- Which is the best medical school in Germany? and How is the situation will be after graduation if I would like to take the residency in the US.i.e, How this will affect on my carrer?
Some people said Heidelberg and on the rankings Munich is the first and Heidelberg is the second
So , How is the situation?
God willing , I will be accepted into excellent medical school because I knew that it's easier for for non-Eu student and my percent is good between 99s :-lesen :-D

2-Can I take the last year of studying PJ outside Germany ?

3-How is the German medical schools reputation in the US?

4- What's the yearly vacation in Germany ?
I heard 2 months for each 4 months
So , it will be 2 vacation +4 months studying + 2 vacation + 4 months studying

I will be happy if anyone could contact me with someone Arabian who's studying medicine in Germany or have studied there

and I am sorry for this length

Best regards;-) ;-)
Abdullah

Mondschein
21.10.2012, 00:04
Hi,
just a few points:
The question of which is the best university is difficult to answer, the ones with good reputation may not be the ones u realy feel comfortable with, might be crowded (not every university has same numbers of students, its good to be less students, so its more personal teaching) etc. Reputation in US I don't know but I think that it might be the case that its more for the old universities.
BUT keep in mind: our German exams are not recognized in US, so u would have to do the USLME-steps wich is expensive and a lot of extra effort. Why don't u study in US directly?
Do you speak German? Studying here without speaking German would not be possible.
Vacancies differ between the universities, but in general it should be like:
study october - febuary, then holidays. study midth of april till end of july, then holidays.
But you would have to do practical education DURING the holidays, so it does not mean that you have really 4 month free time!
PJ: It is possible to do it in foreign countries, but this again differs between universities and the hospital of your choice should meet some criterias (wich differ between universities again) to be a "Lehrkrankenhaus" (=teaching hospital). To go to unknown hospitals is sometimes difficult and getting this approved is hard.
Best regards!

mmoon
22.10.2012, 15:50
About the USMLE I know most of things about it and I know its expensive , butt u dont pay a large sum of money one time.Its devided
I can't study in the US Directly for many reasons , I will say some
1- the huge cost of money
2- it's really hard for foriengers to get into the faculty of Medicine there
Ofcourse , after taking 4 years of pre-medical study and doing an exam MCAT
The percent of non-American there is less than 1%.So, practically it's impossible to be entolled there
3-I have noone there
And lots of cases
So,my chances as a forigner is more if i came outside The US

THX for the great points u gave me and thx for the help
I really Appreciate it
Best wishes

mmoon
25.10.2012, 21:38
Antworten : 2
Hits : 250
Omggggg!!!
I need your help
Any small information u would give me ,, will help me a lot

Nessiemoo
01.11.2012, 21:15
It's all been answered, but I'll try again. ;)

1. There is no serious ranking of universities in Germany. Really. Trust me. Every university has its good sides, good subjects and so on, and other negative sides. In the end we all study from the same books and do the same experiments in the labs and see the diseases in the hospitals. I know it doesn't make it easier to choose, but it's the truth. You will also have good job chances after graduating any university, because in the end you all have the same diploma.

2. The last year is divided in 3 4-months rotations. Generally you can do two of the rotations in other countries, but have to do one in your home university. In other countries the hospital also has to be a university hospital.

3. I know a lot of germans go to US to work. But it is not recognized, and you get matched by USMLE scores.

4. Vacation... You don't really have holidays in Germany, you habe "lecture-free time", which often has internships (3 months in preclinical studies, 4 months in clinical studies), labs ( we had chemistry and physics lab), studying for the national exams... I can shortly give you an example of how my two last years looked:
September: Internship
October-February: 1st semester
March: Chemistry and Physics Lab
April-July: 2nd semester
August-September: internship
October-February 3rd Semester
March: HOLIDAYS!
April-June: 4th semester
July-August: Studying for national exam, written part
September: oral part of the national exam, then 3 weeks free
October: 1st clinical september. My next 2 months off will be in August/September, where I will have to do also two months of internship.