PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Medical Residency and Phd/Research

AlexLeo
28.06.2014, 11:19
Dear Forum,

my name is Alex and I'm an Italian med student. Sorry if I write in English but I've just started learning German.
I would be very grateful if you could help me solve some doubts about the Facharztarten in Germany. Is possible to to the medical residency and a phd in the same time? In the UK, for example, you can do a phd in a part-time modality. If no, I read that in the university hospitals you can also do a research project in your field. Do you know how much time? I'm particularly interested in neuroprotheses, biomedical engineering and nanomedicine, things that are not directly linked to a medical specialization but that are open as well to physicians (with some training in maths ecc), so I wonder if it's possibile, with a specialization in neurology or neurosurgery to do research also in more interdisciplinary field. Thank you very much for your attention :)

AlexLeo
29.06.2014, 08:19
Nobody knows? :(

francesca.rss
29.06.2014, 10:41
Yes it's possible, I'm doing it!

AlexLeo
30.06.2014, 08:20
Hi Francesca! Thank you very much for your answer!! Could you give me more information as possible? I mean, you're doing the residency together with a phd? Or research in a university hospital? What's your specialization? :) Thanks
'