teaser bild
Seite 2 von 3 ErsteErste 123 LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 6 bis 10 von 11
Forensuche

Aktive Benutzer in diesem Thema

Registrierter Benutzer
    Semester:
    In other countries (I think in almost all other countries except Germany) we dont actually synchronize the movies, we just put subtitles. That means that you can learn english really easy if you want to. It is a very easy way of learning english and it makes fun. You dont believe how much your english will improve. If you are interested in medical terms I suggest you just download ER, Scrubs and of course House MD (dont forget that one) put first some english subtitles on it or just leave the subs out.

Aehm... I mean you buy the DVD. Of course you buy the DVDs. Other one is illegal, right? So you dont download, you buy the DVDs (pfiou...that was close).

Otherwise i think you just learn english medical terms by using them in England (or US or some english colony or anywhere). Why bother learning the whole words, if you are asked either way to do a "PET Scan or MRI, and if these dont show anything try a LB" .

(Edit): I checked your website and I have to say that 's a brilliant idea. Actual tape recording of interwievs... nice.

MEDIsteps - Verringert Bürokratie deiner ärztlichen Weiterbildung - [Klick hier]
    Banned Avatar von Sackbauer
    Semester:
    Senior-Hausmeister
    Zitat Zitat von bioworm
    Why bother learning the whole words, if you are asked either way to do a "PET Scan or MRI, and if these dont show anything try a LB" .
    LP! -> lumbar puncture

MEDIsteps - Verringert Bürokratie deiner ärztlichen Weiterbildung - [Klick hier]
    Kramtante
    To keep my general English going, I read.
    I love gossip so therefore I read all the stupid gossip-magazines online (People, HELLO just to name a few). They all come in English. Whenever I go to the movies, I make sure to watch the non-dubbed version. Not only are they just better but the dubbed stuff makes me sick to death.
    When I left school it helped a lot to keep my English going to acutally read some of the lyrics of songs I was listening to.
    Apart from that I read lots of English books.

Regarding Medical English... It does help to watch ER (as it is more accurate as, say, Grey's where the "drama's great but the medicine's shit"), but it also points out a severe problem of medicine in general: There are just too many abbrevations. Having spend some time both in the UK and in the US, they differ significantly between these two countries. "AF" in the UK is "A-Fib" in the States, the Brits like units, the Americans don't and it goes on and on... The only way to get this stuff going is TALK TALK TALK even if it's difficult at times.
    "If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough."-Johnny Knoxville

Auf dem Weg zurück... Avatar von McBeal
    Semester:
    Fertig!!!
    At the moment I do not want to read and talk too much in English but I cannot help it: as I am writing my dissertation, a friend of mine is Australian and we have Chinese patient in gynae I have to read and talk so much... I would like to avoid it, because I want to improve and train my French and it is difficult for me, but there is no chance. (Medical) English ist everywhere!!

Love,
    Ally

Registrierter Benutzer
    If you want to improve your Fench, then perhaps a new forum: "En francais s'il vous plaît" - Anyone ?

Seite 2 von 3 ErsteErste 123 LetzteLetzte

MEDI-LEARN bei Facebook