Seite 2 von 5 ErsteErste 12345 LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 6 bis 10 von 21
Forensuche

Aktive Benutzer in diesem Thema

Bayer auf Abwegen
    Semester:
    Assistenzarzt
    sounds fine

MEDIsteps - Verringert Bürokratie deiner ärztlichen Weiterbildung - [Klick hier]
    Registrierter Benutzer
    Improving your listening comprehension might be the most import for an exchange, I think. So watch all sorts of films and series in original (english) language e.g. scrubs (anyway much more funny with original voices).
    It's a very pleasant way to work on your language skills. Furthermore it's a good method to learn especially all the idioms which are most difficult in each language.

I think there is no need for a special preparation like vhs courses or something else. Once you are forced to speak english in Australia only a few weeks later there will be no more problems.

Enjoy your journey!

MEDIsteps - Verringert Bürokratie deiner ärztlichen Weiterbildung - [Klick hier]
    Registrierter Benutzer
    Semester:
    Zitat Zitat von Duncan84
    Improving your listening comprehension might be the most import for an exchange, I think. So watch all sorts of films and series in original (english) language e.g. scrubs (anyway much more funny with original voices).
    It's a very pleasant way to work on your language skills. Furthermore it's a good method to learn especially all the idioms which are most difficult in each language.

I think there is no need for a special preparation like vhs courses or something else. Once you are forced to speak english in Australia only a few weeks later there will be no more problems.

Enjoy your journey!

I definately agree with Duncan84. Once you are in Australia you'll actually learn the most. Being immersed in an English speaking society without an escape route is the best way to learn this language. Also, as allready mentioned, movies and English news channels aren't a bad choice to help you improve. Special costly seminars instead are just a waste of money. You might also want to try to communicate with some people in English over tools like messenger or ICQ and post a few more responses in this English forum.
    If I was you I wouldn't be worried. You obviously allready seem to have an okay grasp on the language. There have been people before you who have managed to communicate in English with hardly any prior experience.
    While in Australia you'll probably also come across students and physicians who are not originally Australian and you'll be surprised by how difficult to understand their particular accents can be and how poor their grammar is at times. The truth is, with a little bit of patience and effort we all manage to communicate somehow.

So, enjoy your stay in Australia and just try to ease into the language while you are still in Germany!

- WWU2013

Registrierter Benutzer
    Zitat Zitat von Sackbauer
    Yep.
    dude, that is so wrong

Registrierter Benutzer
    i think the most important thing you can do to improve your english is to practice speaking. you can do this with your friends who are bilingual or you can make new friends who'll be willing to practice with you.

other things you can do:

get english movies with english subtitles. this will help you get accustomed to the way the language is spoken by native speakers, you can also follow what's being said with the subtitles.

you can go online to BBC or CNN, read articles then copy and paste words you aren't familiar with. you can then set aside about 30mins - 1 hour everyday looking up the meanings of the words and finding ways to use them in sentences.

it'll definitely take you a while to become comfortable with the language but you'll get there. i'm trying to learn a new language as well so hopefully in a year we'll both be more or less fluent, you in english and me in the language i'm learning.

Seite 2 von 5 ErsteErste 12345 LetzteLetzte

MEDI-LEARN bei Facebook