Seite 4 von 5 ErsteErste 12345 LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 16 bis 20 von 21
Forensuche

Aktive Benutzer in diesem Thema

Auf dem Weg zurück... Avatar von McBeal
    Semester:
    Fertig!!!
    Zitat Zitat von Kedar
    Maybe it´s a silly question, but don´t they have a really weird accent down under? I´ve never been there, but my sister and some friends told me. That apparently it´s really hard to understand them, even if u´re english is quite good..
    Like Evil, I do not think it is too bad. A friend of mine has an Australian boyfriend and when me meet twice a month, we talk in English because of him. And it is very easy to understand him! So I think the accent won't be a big problem.

All the best for your time down under,
    Ally

MEDIsteps - Verringert Bürokratie deiner ärztlichen Weiterbildung - [Klick hier]
    Banned Avatar von Sackbauer
    Semester:
    Senior-Hausmeister
    Don't bother too much. My English is far away from beeing perfect, my IELTS-score is 7.5/10, and I have survived the last 1.5 years here in the UK working as a doctor. You'll pick up a lot, start with watching ER-DVDs in English with English subtitles, watch online-BBC-news, CNN....

MEDIsteps - Verringert Bürokratie deiner ärztlichen Weiterbildung - [Klick hier]
    Registrierter Benutzer
    Zitat Zitat von Sackbauer
    Don't bother too much. My English is far away from beeing perfect, my IELTS-score is 7.5/10, and I have survived the last 1.5 years here in the UK working as a doctor. You'll pick up a lot, start with watching ER-DVDs in English with English subtitles, watch online-BBC-news, CNN....
    the perfect ielts score is a 9, so i guess you're better than you thought.

Registrierter Benutzer
    Semester:
    5th
    Zitat Zitat von Sackbauer
    Yep, they have a weird accent, and they eat children, by the way.

Again, if you expect English as taught in school, go to Oxbridge, b/c it isn't spoken anywhere else.
    Never said that I expect english like taught in school, it was just a question. And accent can differ quite a lot, the same as in german and norwegian (people from the north have difficulties understanding people from the south and the other way around). Some of my english friends cannot understand each other, and they are all from the same island.

Registrierter Benutzer
    Zitat Zitat von Hutch
    Hallo guys, i need yours advice how to learn english in a very short time.
    I decided to go to Australia for my elective placement in 2008 and now i try to learn this language ( and i don`t mean the medical english ). What do you think is the best methode to learn it ? I know i have to learn grammar specially but also my verbosity is not enough - i can see it when i read the application forms from the Australian Hospitals.
    So, did you have some advice to me ?!

Bye
    Having lived in Australia for many years, here is my advice to you:

Lesson number 1 - don't say "Hallo guys" but "G'day mate". More seriously, lots of good advice has been posted on the site in response to you already (watch films etc..). Another thing you could do is find out if there is an Australian Pub (you'll be amazed how your English improves after a few beers ) or Group where you live. Expatriate Australians love to congrgate and that's a good way to speak English, make Australian friends and get used to the accent.
    The accent is not so bad and some people find it easier than UK/US English because Australians speak more slowly. Don't worry about the grammar, just get out there and talk.

Finally, if you are going to work in an Australian Hospital, you'll find some case histories in English to listen to on my site http://www.talkingmedicine.com and there is also an interview with an Australian doctor on Drug addiction which might get you accustomed to the accent.

Anyway if you take all the advice posted in reply to your question you should be speaking Aussie like a native in 360 days !!

Seite 4 von 5 ErsteErste 12345 LetzteLetzte

MEDI-LEARN bei Facebook