teaser bild
Seite 4 von 5 ErsteErste 12345 LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 16 bis 20 von 23
Forensuche

Aktive Benutzer in diesem Thema

Registrierter Benutzer
    Semester:
    gleich fertig...
    Well if you thought "House of God" was crap, then I guess you didn't really understand what the book was about, eh?? Nevermind, don't bother trying to read it again, simply write your own version of it in a few years time, when you discover that you're overworked, underpaid and PERMANENTLY TIRED!!!

Apart from all that, I like the idea of this english language forum. For me it'll be a welcome break from having to talk german all day...

Wishing you all an excellent Easter!

MEDIsteps - Verringert Bürokratie deiner ärztlichen Weiterbildung - [Klick hier]
    Banned Avatar von Tombow
    Semester:
    Штрафбат
    Zitat Zitat von Squirrel2007
    Well if you thought "House of God" was crap, then I guess you didn't really understand what the book was about, eh??
    A bit over the top, don' you think?

IMHO "House of God" is to the medical circles the same as Orwell's "1984" or Heller's "Catch 22" are to society in general. One finds himself pretty oft entangled in situations which pretty much resemble the action in the books but in general, all three books are to be read with a common sense and their messages taken with a grain of salt and a good deal of humor.

Just my 2 cents.

MEDIsteps - Verringert Bürokratie deiner ärztlichen Weiterbildung - [Klick hier]
    Kramtante
    My favourite textbook would be Cumar&Clark's "Clinical Medicine"

It's a biggie but covers all major diseases and syndromes one can run across in Medicine.
    And it's a good read compared to all the German books I've used so far.
    "If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough."-Johnny Knoxville

Registrierter Benutzer
    Semester:
    just came back from Canada and I almost fell into a shopping spree because most of the American medical textbooks are so much nicer to read than most of the stuff you get hold of in Germany.

I really liked the
    - Bates Guide to Physical Examination (I suppose there is a German version as well) &
    - Lange´s Symptoms to Diagnosis which gives you a systematic approach to some very common diseases -> great for students. we are never taught systematic medical reasoning in medical school.

But speaking of good books, I found one of the most valuable learning experiences to regulary check the New England Journal of Medicine www.nejm.org for their weekly "Case of the week" which is extremely good and the student journal of the British Medical Journal at www.studentbmj.com, which has nice articles aimed at medical students.

check out my website as well: www.pda-medicus.de

Wolfgang

Light weight, baby!
    Karls-Universität Prag, 1. Medizinische Fakultät
    Semester:
    3. WBJ. - Innere
    Hi!

Could u post a link to the case of the week in New England Journal of Medicine? I just found something like a "image of the week". Or is this you`re talking about?

Thx so far

björn

Seite 4 von 5 ErsteErste 12345 LetzteLetzte

MEDI-LEARN bei Facebook