PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Hallo!!!

Seiten : 1 [2]

Sorpresa
28.07.2005, 10:13
I hope you understand my England, and also my German!

england hab ich eigentlich noch nie so wirklich verstanden... :-wow

*in deckung geht*

HeLiX_turn_HeLiX
17.09.2005, 03:23
Hi maybe I can help you out a little - I'm an American citizen and I applied to German universities. I'm going to Heidelberg in 5 days actually :-))

In principle the application process isn't particularly difficult, but actually it was a lot of work. You can take one of several German language exams to prove your German proficiency: TestDaF (Test Deutsch als Fremdsprache) is probably the best one. It suffices for admission as well as matriculation. the Zentrale Mittelstufenpruefung is easier, but suffices only for admission .. then once you get to the university you have to take another exam (DSH I think) to actually enroll. Other tests from the Goethe Institut, like the Kleines oder Grosses Sprachdiplom or the Oberstufenpruefung are also good enough to bypass the DSH.

You also have to send in all of your transcripts - high school, college, and whatever else. I don't know if you have an internationally recognized high school diploma .. if you were in GB maybe you have A levels or IB? I think both are recognized in Germany .. I know IB is.

You don't have to supply any letters of recommendation, but you do have to furnish evidence of your ability to finance your living costs. Even though there is no tuition in Germany to speak of, you still have to be able to pay for your living expenses, and the universities will require a bank statement or something of the sort. I think some schools will start implementing tuition in 2007 but if you get in before then, you won't have to pay :-top I'd also suggest writing a personal statement. It wasn't required but I wrote a letter to the admissions committee about my academic background, why I wish to be a doctor, and how my background in science has prepared me for the study of medicine.

Also, I can tell you that the competition for non EU foreign students at German medical schools is immense. I applied to eight schools. I got the acceptance letter from Heidelberg very quickly but didn't hear from everyone else yet, except for a couple of rejections. I am wondering now if the schools communicate about who they accept, because I got into Heidelberg which is pretty good but nowhere else. Perhaps they do this so multiple schools don't admit the same student. Since they admit students just shortly before the semester starts, this would ensure that all the spots are filled. I really have no idea though,. My first choice was Berlin Charite and in the rejection letter they said they had 270 applicants for 25 spots or something like that ... so the competition is pretty fierce. That's why it's a good idea to apply to a lot of schools, so your chances are better.

Good luck!