PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Working in Germany? Unpaid anerkennungsjahr?

parrotman
06.06.2007, 09:22
Hello!

I know someone who is doing an anerkennungjahr in a german dental hospital. Apparently he receives no pay and is supported by his parents. Is this normal? He is a fully trained dental practiioner in his native Jordan? He works 12 hour days and full weeks and it seems rather hard on him

Scienceman
12.08.2007, 02:23
anerkennungsjahr = praktisches jahr? if you mean this: then yes this is usual that you do not get any money while you work for one year

Der Praktikant
18.08.2007, 18:37
Hello!

I know someone who is doing an anerkennungjahr in a german dental hospital. Apparently he receives no pay and is supported by his parents. Is this normal? He is a fully trained dental practiioner in his native Jordan? He works 12 hour days and full weeks and it seems rather hard on him

Unfortunately thats absolutley normal. If you have a degree from a country which is not fully acknowledged by the German authorities, you are required to do the Anerkennungsjahr. During this year you have to work full time without pay supervised by a full licensed doctor. I am not quite sure but I think after the Anerkennungsjahr you have to sit an oral exam. After passing you are allowed to work without supervision and for money.

Tombow
18.08.2007, 19:37
Yes. You're required to pass an oral exam after the Anerkennungsjahr, and the difficulty of the exam might vary from a colloquial conversation among colleagues to outright malignant examination.

Either way, the Anerkennungsjahr is unpaid. Basically, you get screwed bigtime.

flok
18.08.2007, 21:09
For the EU25 and some other countries equivalence is assumed, for others you have to prove it by the Anerkennungsjahr and the oral exam (isn't too bad compared to conditions for working e.g. in the US) :-)

details: http://www.bundesaerztekammer.de/page.asp?his=1.109.111.3348